At the School of Advanced Dynamic Education (“SADE”) a diverse, inclusive, and equitable learning environment for kink and BDSM-based dynamic education is one where all instructors and attendees, whatever their ethnicity, religious affiliation, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ability, kink or dynamic, feels valued, represented, and respected. We are committed to a non-discriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for learning in all of our classes. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
We’re committed to modeling diversity and inclusion for all kink and adult-oriented education groups, and to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.
To provide informed, authentic leadership for cultural equity, SADE strives to:
- See diversity, inclusion, and equity as connected to our mission and critical to ensure the well-being of our leadership team and the communities we serve.
- Acknowledge and dismantle any inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services, and continually update and report organization progress.
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
- Advocate for and support leadership-level thinking about how systemic inequities impact our organization’s work, and how best to address that in a way that is consistent with our mission.
- Help to challenge assumptions about what it takes to be a strong leader within the global kink community, and who is well-positioned to provide leadership.
- Practice and encourage transparent communication in all interactions.
- Commit time and resources to expand more diverse leadership within our leadership team and educators.
- Lead with respect and tolerance. We expect all leadership members, educators, and attendees to embrace this notion and to express it in class interactions and through everyday practices.
SADE abides by the following action items to help promote diversity and inclusion in our organization:
- Pursue cultural competency throughout our organization by creating substantive learning opportunities and formal, transparent policies.
- Improve our support of diverse and underrepresented groups by supporting BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ and other underrepresented groups’ focused charities and advocacy initiatives.
- Pool resources and expand offerings for underrepresented groups by connecting with other organizations committed to diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Develop and present education materials and classes that are focused on representing kinks and dynamics with diversity, inclusion, and equity to provide information and resources internally, and to attendees, educators, and the global kink community.
- Invest in education resources amongst SADE leadership to learn of and challenge intentional and conscious of bias in our leadership practices.
- Advocate for kink and BDSM-based practices that encompass diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Challenge systems and practices that create inequity, oppression and disparity.
This Diversity and Inclusion statement was created not to fulfill a checklist of legalese verbiage, rather to demonstrate our commitment to diversity and inclusivity. We hope to inspire other organizations to follow suit in promoting diversity and inclusivity within kink spaces and education. We are learning and doing our best, however, we still have much to learn. We welcome and appreciate any opportunities for learning and growth.