Do you want to share your writing with a global kinky audience? Great! We’d love to hear from you. View these guest blogging guidelines to learn what we do and do not accept for writing submissions.
SADE cannot guarantee blog placement.
Our editorial team reviews all pitches and makes selections based on a number of factors, including whether or not a topic fits into our site architecture and topic focus areas, SEO viability, and relevance to our audience.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of pitches we receive, we can’t guarantee we’ll be able to publish your post, even if it meets our editorial guidelines.
In our mission to publish the best, most relevant educational content for our audiences, we can’t guarantee the publication of your post submission. We evaluate posts primarily based on fit for our audiences and the potential reach of each topic. We do not offer guaranteed publication to anyone, including SADE attendees, partners, and authors who have been featured on the blog before.
We do not offer financial compensation for posts.
Submissions must meet our quality standards in order to get published.
SADE has specific standards around the types of blog post submissions we accept and decline. Editors reserve the right to pass on contributions that do not meet our editorial standards.
Published articles will live exclusively on the SADE Blog.
If your post is published on the SADE Blog, we encourage you to share it with your network and link back to it.
However, per our Content Usage Guidelines, you cannot republish the article on any other website – including your own website, or blogging platforms like LinkedIn, Medium, etc. This also means we cannot accept guest articles that have already been published on other platforms or websites.
All final content decisions are at the leadership team’s discretion.
This means the SADE team reserves the right to:
- Edit and adapt your guest blog content for search optimization, accuracy, comprehensiveness, and new information as information within the original piece becomes outdated or requires reevaluation.
- Include calls-to-action to SADE content and offers (e.g., classes, downloadable content).
- Use your guest author photo across our content (e.g., on SADE’s social media channels and email newsletters).
- Remove the post from the blog.
The Bare Essentials for Every Post We Publish
SADE has four core focus areas: BDSM Dynamics, BDSM (general), Relationships, and promoting Inclusivity and Accessibility.
Successful guest contributions are comprehensive, data-rich, and personality-driven posts that teach our readers something new about their BDSM dynamics.
We look for:
- Original concepts, compelling arguments, and high-quality writing. We will not republish anything that’s been published elsewhere.
- Articles that reflect the writing style/tone of our Blog. We aim to be inclusive, but casual and helpful.
- Proper attribution of data, quotations, and outside content referenced in the article.
- No more than one link to your company’s website in the body of the post.
- Links to SADE’s blog posts are a bonus!
The Types of Posts We Do Not Accept
- Anything that may be construed as a link-building scheme.
- Anything that’s too promotional for your company or organization.
- Anything that’s offensive or inaccurate.
- Anything that’s overly critical of individuals or companies — this is not a site to air grievances.
- Anything that does not use inclusive and affirming language and perspectives.
- Create H2s, H3s, and H4s to organize your content.
- Keep paragraphs short: No more than 3 sentences.
- Add bulleted lists whenever possible.
- Numbered lists should be formatted as number + period.
- Always include an introduction and a conclusion.
- When including images from other publications, cite the image source as: “Image source” and hyperlink that text with the page you found the image on.
- Copy and paste your post into Grammarly, or Microsoft Word and run a spell check.
- Use Hemingway Editor to check for run-on sentences and difficult sentence structure.
Where to Submit Your Idea
Does your post meet these guest blogging guidelines? Great! Please submit your blog post idea here.
If your article meets our editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your article will be published.